#MeatMadness recipe brackets are voted on, revealing the Traeger contest winner
What is Meat Madness?
Bracketology + BBQ = Meat Madness.
Traeger’s Meat Madness is an annual competition, held during the same time as the NCAA March Madness, where competitors enter their own recipe and accompanying picture to compete in up to 7 rounds of voting. Meat Madness mirrors the bracketology set up for March Madness with 2 brackets: each bracket begins with 64 contestants and follows single-elimination. After 64 contestants are cut to 32, we celebrate the Sweet Sixteen, Elite 8, Final Four, Semi-Finals, and finally have our championship match-up to determine who will claim the title of Meat Madness BBQ Champion.
Last Year’s Meat Madness
In 2016 we received dozens of amazing entries. We selected 128 total contestants to comprise 2 brackets: The Hostmasters and The Tastemakers. After the standard Meat Madness rounds, the winners of each bracket competed against each other in a recipe showdown.
The runner up and winner of the Hostmasters bracket championship was Danny Venerus, who entered a Smoked Citrus & Polenta Pork Tenderloin.
The Tastemakers bracket championship winner, and grand prize winner of both brackets, was Ryan Murray. He submitted a Flank Steak Philly that dominated the votes.
Ryan won a Pro 34 grill package full of Traeger goods and the ultimate Traeger bragging rights.
How to Enter for 2017 Meat Madness
For 2017 Meat Madness, Traeger will be filling 2 different brackets, for a total 128 contestants. If you want to bring your recipe A-game to the table, here’s how to enter Meat Madness 2017:
Register on traegergrills.com/meatmadness from 3/4 to 3/12. You’ll need to submit your own unique recipe with accompanying photo. You’ll receive an email by 3/15 letting you know if you’ve been entered into the tournament.
Winners will be rewarded with Traeger prizes, outlined below, and are entitled to bragging rights for their Meat Madness success.
- Each contestant will receive a limited edition Meat Madness 2017 t-shirt.
- Contestants who move on to the 2nd round of their bracket will receive a $50 gift card to use on our website (traegergrills.com).
- Sweet 16 contestants in each bracket will receive a $75 online gift card to use on our website.
- Elite 8 contestants in each bracket will receive a $100 online gift card to use on our website.
- Final 4 contestants in each bracket will receive a $150 online gift card to use on our website.
- Contestants who compete in each bracket championship will receive a $200 online gift card to use on our website.
- Winners of each bracket championship will receive a Pro 34 grill package.
- The ultimate Traeger BBQ Champion, winner of both brackets, will upgrade their Pro Series 34 Grill Package with a new Timberline 850 Package.
Important Meat Madness 2017 Dates
3/4: Registration Opens at 12:01 am MST
3/12: Registration Closes at 11:59 pm MST
3/16: The Madness Begins: Voting starts at 7:00 am MST.
3/17: Round of 64 voting ends at 9:00 pm MST; Round of 32 voting begins at 9:01 pm MST
3/19: Round of 32 voting ends at 9:00 pm MST; Sweet 16 voting begins at 9:01 pm MST
3/24: Sweet 16 voting ends at 9:00 pm MST; Elite 8 voting begins at 9:01 pm MST
3/26: Elite 8 voting ends at 9:00 pm MST; Final 4 voting begins at 9:01 pm MST
4/1: Final 4 voting ends at 9:00 pm MST; Bracket Championship voting begins at 9:01 pm MST
4/2: Bracket Championship voting ends at 9:00 pm MST; Championship voting begins at 9:01 pm MST
4/3: Championship Game (between bracket winners) voting ends at 9:00 pm MST; Winner announced at approximately 9:01 pm MST
Are you the next Traeger BBQ Champion? Join Meat Madness with Traeger this March and vote for your favorite entries.
See our Terms & Conditions for contest rules and details.
For new recipes everyday, see our recipe page here: traegergrills.com/recipes