BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
This dip – perfect for a Super Bowl party or other game day party – goes together in minutes if you have cooked chicken on hand. If desired, you can bake and serve it in a cast iron skillet which will stay hot for quite some time.
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded or diced chicken meat (we like white and dark meat), cooked at a previous grill session
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese (not reduced fat), at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Frank’s RedHot® Cayenne Pepper Sauce or other Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 cup bottled blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 green onions, trimmed, white and green parts thinly sliced (optional)
- Celery and carrot sticks, crackers, pita crisps, or tortilla chips for serving
Beat the cream cheese and shredded cheese with a wooden spoon until fairly smooth. Stir in the chicken, hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and celery. Turn into a casserole or baking dish. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes. (If using a manual controller, set your Traeger to Medium and bake the dip a few minutes longer.) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the green onion, if using. Let cool slightly before serving with the dippers suggested above.