- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Your favorite Asian peanut sauce for serving
Slice the chicken lengthwise into 3/8-inch wide strips. (This is easier if the chicken is partially frozen first.) Place the strips in a resealable plastic bag.
In a blender jar, combine the cilantro, coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, curry paste, cumin, and pepper and blend until smooth. Pour over the chicken strips and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain the chicken and discard the marinade. Thread the chicken strips onto bamboo skewers.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 400 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Arrange the skewers in two rows directly on the grill grate. Slip a piece of aluminum foil under the exposed ends of the skewers to prevent them from burning.
Grill the chicken until cooked through, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately with the peanut sauce.