- 12 large eggs
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or 1 green onion, trimmed and white and green parts minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise, or as needed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Coarse salt (kosher) and freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika for garnish
- Bread or crackers for serving
Put the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 8 minutes, then drain. Cover with ice water. When cool enough to handle, peel the eggs under cold running water.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes).
Arrange the peeled eggs on the grill grate and smoke for 30 minutes. (They will develop a light brown color from the smoke.) Transfer to a plate or bowl and let the eggs cool.
Dice the eggs and place in a mixing bowl. Add the celery, chives, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. If the salad looks dry, add more mayonnaise.
Mound the egg salad in a serving bowl and lightly dust the top with the smoked paprika. Serve with bread or crackers.