- 2 fresh mangos, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch dice (For the salsa)
- 1/2 red onion, cut into small dice(For the salsa)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced (optional) (For the salsa)
- 1/4 to 1/2 Scotch Bonnet or habanero chile (or other hot chile), seeded and finely minced(For the salsa)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, or more to taste(For the salsa)
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave syrup, or more to taste(For the salsa)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro(For the salsa)
- 1 food-safe cedar plank, about 6 by 14 inches, soaked in water to cover for 2 hours (For the salmon)
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless center-cut salmon fillet (For the salmon)
- Olive oil (For the salmon)
- Traeger Salmon Shake, or lemon pepper (For the salmon)
In a mixing bowl, combine the mango, onion, cucumber, if using, chile pepper, lime juice, and honey and stir to mix. Taste for seasoning, adding more chile, lime juice, or honey as desired. Gently stir in the cilantro. Cover and chill if not using immediately.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Drain the plank. Rub both sides of the salmon with olive oil and season with Traeger Salmon Shake. Place skin-side down (the side that would have had skin) on the plank. Put the plank with the salmon directly on the grill grate and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the mango salsa. (You can serve the fish on or off the plank.)