Mexican Skirt Steak Tacos
Family hungry? You can have these tacos on the table in minutes. Lime juice mixed with sour cream makes a tangy topping. If desired, serve with precooked microwaveable Mexican or Spanish rice.
- 3 limes, each sliced into 6 wedges
- 1 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- 2-1/2 pounds skirt steak or flap meat, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Traeger Cajun Rub or your favorite taco seasoning
- 12 6-inch flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin slivers, for serving
- 1 cup thinly shredded Mexican-blend cheese, for serving
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro or parsley, for serving
Start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 450 degrees F (High) and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream with the juice from 3 lime wedges. Set aside. (Cover and refrigerate if not using soon.)
Lay the steak on a rimmed baking sheet. Squeeze the juice from 6 lime wedges onto both sides of the skirt steaks. Sprinkle the steaks evenly with the Traeger Cajun Rub.
Grill, turning once, for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until the steak is done to your liking. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 2 minutes. Slice across the grain into 1/2-inch slices. Serve on warmed tortillas with the onion, cheese, cilantro, and lime sour cream.