The Chicken Challenge
An all time Traeger classic. Immediately after tasting, everyone refers to this as "The best chicken I've ever tasted!", on top of being the easiest to cook. Plus this recipe gives you an 1hr & 10min of spare time. You never have to lift the lid once untill the grilling is done!
- 1 Whole Chicken (about 4 lbs.)
- Traeger Chicken Rub
• Lightly season chicken with Traeger Chicken Rub. Traeger Chicken Rub is a MUST – it’s part of the magic.
• When ready to cook, start your Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4-5 minutes). Set the temperature to High (400°F - 450°F) and preheat, lid closed (10-15 minutes).
• Place a chicken (or as many chickens as your grill can handle) on the Traeger and cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 170°F.
• Remove from grill and enjoy!