Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
- 2 pounds jumbo or extra-jumbo shrimp (about 36), peeled and deveined, tail-on
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Your favorite Traeger Rub or Shake
- 1 cup prepared chile sauce or ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce, such as Frank’s or Crystal
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- You’ll also need: 6-inch bamboo skewers
In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp to coat with the olive oil and about 2 teaspoons of your favorite Traeger Rub or Shake. Thread the shrimp on the bamboo skewers, 2 to a skewer. Combine the chile sauce, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce in a small bowl, whisking to blend. Season to taste with pepper.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 450 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Arrange the shrimp skewers on the grill grate. Grill until firm and opaque, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Arrange on a plate or platter with the sauce and lemon wedges.