- 8 medium mushroom caps, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter
- 1 6.5-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (preferably Hellmann’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- A few drops of your favorite hot sauce, such as Tabasco
Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Remove the stems and discard or save for another use. Using a small spoon, scoop out the inside (gills, etc.). Combine the artichoke hearts, Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and hot sauce and mix well. Mound the filling in the mushroom caps. Dust the tops with paprika.
Arrange the mushrooms in an oven-safe baking dish.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke
with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Bake the mushrooms (uncovered) until the filling is bubbling and just beginning to brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
For a simple variation, stuff the mushrooms with your favorite bulk sausage and bake on your Traeger as directed above.