Pumpkin Pie With Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 1 9-inch prepared refrigerated pie crust
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons good-quality bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Keep the pie crust refrigerated until ready to use. In a mixing bowl, preferably with a hand-mixer, combine the pumpkin, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Add the eggs and whip until combined. Pour into the prepared pie shell.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 425 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Bake the pie for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 35 to 40 minutes longer, or until a slender knife inserted in the center of the custard comes out clean.
Whip the cream with a hand-mixer or egg beater until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, bourbon, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and continue to whip until incorporated. (Do not overwhip or you will have boubon-flavored butter.) Serve with the pie.