- 1 flank steak, 1-1/2 to 2 pounds, or substitute skirt steak
- 1 cup Traeger Carne Asada Marinade
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano, preferably Mexican
- 1/2 to 1 chile in adobo sauce (optional), minced
- Warm flour tortillas for serving
- Your favorite salsa (red and/or green), for serving
1. Lay the flank steak in a baking dish large enough to hold it. In a small bowl, combine the Carne Asada Marinade, the lime juice, garlic, cumin, oregano, and chile in adobo sauce, if using. Pour the marinade over the steak, turning to coat, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
2. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 450 degrees F (High) and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Lift the flank steak from the marinade (discard the marinade) and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange the steak at a diagonal directly on the grill grate. Grill for
6 minutes, then turn with tongs. Continue grilling for 4 to 6 minutes more. (The exact time will depend on the thickness of your steak, but flank steak is best medium-rare.)
4. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly on the diagonal across the grain. Arrange on a platter. Serve immediately with the tortillas and salsa(s).