- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef sirloin, trimmed and cut into 1-1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Traeger Mandarin Glaze Barbecue Sauce, or your favorite Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts (salted or unsalted), coarsely chopped
- Bamboo or metal skewers
1. Make the marinade In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger, sugar, and black pepper. Transfer the meat to a large bowl or resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the meat, turning to coat each piece thoroughly. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, or longer if desired.
2. Drain the marinade off the sirloin cubes (discard the marinade) and pat them dry with paper towels. Thread the meat on the skewers, keeping the pieces close together to minimize exposure of the skewer to the heat. (You can also slip a folded length of aluminum foil under the exposed ends to protect them.)
3. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 450 degrees F (High) and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Arrange the skewers on the grill grate and grill for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until the desired degree of doneness is reached. The last few minutes of grilling, baste the kebabs with the Traeger Mandarin Glaze. To serve, sprinkle with the diced red pepper and the chopped peanuts.