- 2-1/2 pounds large chicken wings
- Traeger Pork and Poultry Shake, or your favorite barbecue rub
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, such as Crystal or Frank’s RedHot
- 1/4 cup honey, or more to taste
- 1-1/2 cups blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1.With a sharp knife, cut the wings into three pieces through the joints. Discard the wing tips, or save for chicken stock. Transfer the remaining “drumettes” and “flats” to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil, and arrange them in a single layer. Season well with the Traeger Pork and Poultry Shake.
2. Make the spicy honey-garlic sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until it softens (do not let it color). Stir in the hot sauce and honey and cook for several minutes to blend the flavors. Keep warm.
3.When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Arrange the baking sheet with the wings on the grill grate. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone. Pour enough of the spicy honey-garlic sauce over the wings to coat them on all sides, turning with tongs. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes more to “set” the sauce. Serve with the blue cheese or ranch dressing.