TURKEY SLIDERS WITH CHIPOTLE TARTAR SAUCE
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise (for tartar sauce)
- 2 green onions (scallions), trimmed and minced (for tartar sauce)
- 2 pickle relish (for tartar sauce)
- 1/2-1 minced canned chipotle chile, plus 1 teaspoon of the adobo sauce (for tartar sauce)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub (for tartar sauce)
- 3 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh bread crumbs (not dried)
- 12 sesame slider buns or small dinner rolls
- 1/8 Thinly sliced plum tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, fresh leaf lettuce or arugula, for serving
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 lbs. Ground Turkey
Make the Chipotle Tartar Sauce: In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, green onion, pickle relish, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, and Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub. Whisk to combine. Cover and chill if not serving immediately.
Make the sliders: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub and whisk to combine. Stir in the bread crumbs. Add the ground turkey, and using wet hands and a light touch, mix the meat with the mayonnaise and bread crumb mixture. Wet hands again, if needed, and form the mixture into 12 patties. Use your thumbs to create a wide depression in the center of each. (Cover and chill if making ahead.)
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 300 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Grill the sliders until they are cooked through and the internal temperature reads 160 degrees on an instant-read meat thermometer, 30 to 35 minutes.
Transfer the sliders to the bottom half of the buns. Top with the Chipotle Tartar Sauce, desired condiments, and the top half of the bun. Serve immediately with the remaining Tartar Sauce.