- 2 pounds flat-iron steak, or boneless rib eye
- 1 bottle Traeger Carne Asada Marinade, or your favorite teriyaki-style marinade
- cloves garlic, peeled and crushed with the side of a knife or cleaver
- 2 green onions (scallions), trimmed, and white and green parts thinly sliced
- Purchased Asian-style peanut sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges for garnish
Using a sharp knife, cut the steak into 1/3-inch strips on a sharp diagonal. (This will not only maximize the length of the strips, but will ensure the meat’s tenderness.) Put into a resealable plastic bag or a large bowl. Pour the Carne Asada marinade over the meat, and stir in the garlic and onions. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove the meat from the marinade, knocking off any pieces of garlic or onion. Thread each piece on a bamboo skewer. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to High and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes. Grill the satays, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Indonesians prefer their meat well-done.) Meanwhile, pour the peanut sauce into a small bowl and put on one end of a plate or platter. Arrange the satays on the dish, and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts. Garnish with lime wedges.