Potato Wedge Poutine
- 4 large russet potatoes (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- Traeger Prime Rib Rub, or your favorite rub
- 1-1/2 cups chicken or beef gravy, homemade or jarred
- 1-1/2 cups white or yellow Cheddar cheese curds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, for serving (optional)
Start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 400 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise, then slice each half into 3 or 4 wedges. Put into a large mixing bowl and coat with the oil. Season the potato wedges generously with the Traeger Prime Rib Rub.
Tip the potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread in a single layer, cut sides down.
Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes, then using a spatula, turn the potatoes to the other cut side. Continue to roast until the potatoes are tender and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Meanwhile, warm the gravy on the stovetop or in a heat-proof saucepan on your Traeger.
Arrange the potatoes in a large shallow bowl or on a serving platter. Distribute the cheese curds on top. Pour the hot gravy evenly over the potatoes and cheese curds. Season with black pepper. Garnish with sliced scallions, if desired. Serve immediately.