What does XXX error code mean?
There 4 error conditions and 2 warning conditions detected by the Timberline Grill
1. High Temp Error: This error will occur when the temperature in the grill reaches temperatures above 550°F for more than 45 seconds. The grill will turn off the fan and auger. After the grill drops below 450°F, the auger will run for 2 minutes to remove embers from the auger tube. After the grill has cool, turn off the grill. You will need to clear our any remaining pellets from the firepot. Then restart the Timberline grills.
2. Low Temp Error: This will occur if the temperature of the grill falls below 120°F for 600 seconds. The grill will go into a shutdown state and the low temp error will display. To fix this, remove any pellets from the firepot. Turn the controller off and then on again and restart your grill. You can do this by pushing the standby button and then turn it back on.
3. Low Ambient Temp: This error will occur after 30 seconds with the ambient temperature below -20°F. This will not be an issue if the grill is plugged in and left in standby mode. If the grill is unplugged and left outside in the freezing cold, you may run into this. The grill will not work if the ambient temperature gets -40°F. To fix the grill, you will need to warm up the controller.
4. Temp Sensor Out: This will occur when the thermocouple (the temperature probe located inside the grill, near the top. It is a small wire sticking out) is disconnected from the controller. The grill will shut down when this occurs after 10 seconds of the thermocouple being disconnected. To fix this, you will need to reconnect the thermocouple.
5. Probe Fell Out: This warning occurs when the probe falls out of the meat. The warning alarm will sound after 30 seconds with the probe above 220°F while the grill is running and a probe is connected. To fix this, put on some heat resistant gloves/mittens and pull the probe out of the grill and reinsert into the meat. Please note that the meat probe is required for custom cooks.
6. Bad Probe: This warning will display 10 seconds after a probe with a short is connected to the controller. You will need to remove the probe and contact customer service for a replacement at 844-9Wi-Fire (844-994-3473). The error will go away after the bad probe is removed. Unfortunately, you will not be able to do a custom cook in the meantime.
7. Clean grease tray: This reminder will display every 8 times the grill has been ignited. To clear the warning, clean the grease tray and clear the warning.
8. Clean Your Grill: This reminder will display after 20 hours since the last time the notification has been cleared. To clear the warning, clean the grill and clear the warning on the controller.
I need replacements parts
The Timberline comes with Traeger’s 3-year parts warranty. If the need should arise you require replacement parts for your grill, call 844-9WI-FIRE (844-994-3473)
My grill won’t download the recipe
If your app is not download your recipes, run the set-up procedure on the app again to connect to your grill. You should also check the WiFi settings as well as the network password.
There is smoke coming out the bottom of my grill
As part of the priming processing before seasoning the grill, a cup of water was added to the grease trap. Water will slowly evaporate and is replaced from the drip tray by grease. If there is smoke coming out of the bottom of the grill, simply add more water to the trap and Traeger on.
The seasoning reminder keeps showing up and I’ve already seasoned it once
The seasoning reminder will display the first few times you power up the grill. However, you only need to season your grill once.
My grill beeped 3 times at me
Your Timberline beeping 3 times indicates the probe is not plugged in properly. Simply unplug the probe and reinsert.
My grill isn’t searing
There are two positions for the grill grate in your Timberline grill. For searing, the grill grate should be placed at the lowest point in the grill body cavity, resting on the lowest back brackets and the lip at the front.
My fire went out in my grill, now what?
Don’t fret. The Timberline control will ignite the hot rod and get the grill fired up again.
What is super-smoke setting?
Super-smoke setting increases the amount of smoke released when the cook temperature is between 165° and 225°F (74° and 107°C).
How hot will the Timberline get?
The Timberline will get to 500°F.
Do I need to plug in the grill for it to work?
Yes, the Timberline like all Traeger grills requires an outlet to run the grill.
Can I use heating fuel pellets?
No, our grills are built to function with Traeger brand food-grade pellets. Heating pellets contain glues and chemicals that are not safe for food. Traeger brand pellets are compressed with 10,000 lbs. of pressure and the natural glutens in the wood hold them together. No additional binders are used.
Do I need to keep the grill door open during the start-up?
You do not need to leave the grill door open during the start-up procedure.
Can I use water to cool off my grill quicker?
No, using water to cool your grill could cause the pellets to expand leading to an auger jam.
My fan isn’t running consistently
The fan on the Timberline will adjust RPM’s based on what is needed during the cook. You may hear the fan modulate based on the cooking needs.
What is the 'keep warm' setting?
The keep warm setting will set the grill to 165°F to keep your food warm.
Stainless steel is turning rose gold.
After the initial seasoning of the grill, you will notice the stainless-steel turn to a rose-gold color. This is natural occurrence, to be expected, and cannot be avoided.