Great tips to help you perfect your burger craft.
Here are some great tips to help you perfect your burger craft:
1. Use good meat. Your burger will only be as good as the meat that you put into it. Lean meats make for dry burgers.
2. Don't over-pack or overwork your burger! For a tender and moist burger, don't over-pack it. Using wet hands, gently form the meat into patties. The more you handle and squash the meat, the tougher it will be.
3. Make 'em big. Size your burgers slightly larger than the bun to accommodate for a little shrinking as the meat cooks. This will lead to the perfect burger-to-bun ratio. Also, use your thumb to make a dimple in the top of the burger to help create an evenly-shaped burger.
4. Season aggressively... BUT don't season it until just before you grill it. If you want that tender, juice-down-your-chin bite, restrain your salt shaker hand until just before you toss them on the Traeger.
5. Make sure the grill is hot. Preheating your Traeger is CRUCIAL. Make sure the Traeger is nice and hot before you put on those beautiful beef patties. It will help you get that perfect sear on the outside to hold in all that moisture and help prevent the burger from sticking to the grill.
6. LEAVE IT ALONE. Once it's on the grill, leave the burger alone. Only flip it once, and resist the urge to squish the burger with a spatula. You'll just be pushing out that precious, tasty juice! Cook about 2 minutes per side for rare, 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, 4 minutes per side for medium, and 5 minutes per side for well-done.
7. Toast your buns. Simply putting your buns on the Traeger for the last minute or so of cooking gives them a toasty crunch on the bun and adds a delicious dimension of texture to your burger.
8. Melt your cheese. During the last minute or two of cooking, put your cheese on top of the burger so that it gets all gooey and melted. Top the burger with your favorite toppings and bite in!