Show your Mom (or Grandma, God-Mother, Aunt, Wife, Sister, etc) some love this Mother's Day and prepare her a meal she won't soon forget. With your secret weapon in the backyard, you can prepare some gourmet cuisine for your lovely lady's particular pallette. This quiche is filled with the trifecta of fancy schmancy things that your Mom is sure to love: sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese (lots of it)! The delicate texture of the creamy eggs is perfectly complemented by the salty artichoke hearts and robust, almost sweet, flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes.
Did we mention it tastes absolutely divine, takes just a few minutes to toss together, and looks absolutely beautiful fresh off the grill? Bonus! Serve with some yummy fresh fruit and a side of gratitude for all of the things Mom has done for you over the years and you'll both have a meal you'll always remember.
Crustless Quiche with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Artichoke Hearts
PREP TIME: 15 min.
COOK TIME: 45 to 50 min.
2 tbsps. butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup panko or other dry bread crumbs, or more as needed
1 6.5-ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
6 large eggs
1 cup cream or half and half
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Slip your hand into a small plastic bag and generously butter the bottom and sides of a 9- or 10-inch glass or ceramic pie plate. Sprinkle the panko over the butter and tilt the pan to evenly coat.
2. Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts, squeezing them in paper towels to remove any excess oil or moisture. Distribute evenly over the bread crumbs along with the tomatoes and Parmesan.
3. In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, cream, basil, and black pepper and whisk thoroughly. Pour over the ingredients in the pie plate.
4. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Put the pie plate directly on the grill grate and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Transfer the quiche to a cooling rack and let cool for several minutes before cutting into wedges. Enjoy!
Crustless Quiche with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Artichoke Hearts.docx (14.22 kb)