Standby mode is the default mode that occurs when the grill is first turned on but no cooks have been started.
- In order to receive updates, the grill needs to be in standby mode
If the controller is stuck on a notification like "Clean grill" you may need to clear the notifications.
- To clear notifications go to Menu > Settings > Clear Notifications
The controller is on Demo Mode
Demo mode will run all components of the grill as normal but will not ignite the hotrod
- To turn on Demo Mode, follow these steps on the controller: Menu > Settings > Demo Mode and select "ON". This will reboot the controller and it will wake back up in Demo Mode.
- To turn Demo Mode off, follow these steps on the controller: Menu > Settings > Demo Mode and select "OFF". The controller will then reboot and wake back up in its normal operating state.
Changing from Fahrenheit to Celsius
- To change the Temperature units, go to Menu > Settings > temperature units > Select Celsius or Fahrenheit
Controller screen is going black:
- This can happen in cold weather. Adjusting the contrast can help correct this.
- Go to Menu > Contrast on the controller. Readjust the contrast and it should clear up.
- If not, please contact Customer Service.
If you are receiving one of the following issues, please contact Customer Service as you may need a new controller.
- The grill components are turning on, but the digital display does not.
- The digital display only shows 3 dashes (---).
- Error codes are stuck on the display, even after unplugging the grill.
- Upon removing the controller, there is wire damage or burn marks on the back.
- Auger is running during the shutdown cycle.
- The smoke setting jumps up to 300+ but other settings regulate fine.
- Physical damage that prevents the grill from functioning properly. (Broken nob, burn marks, cracked screen, etc.)
- If the controller screen remains black after adjusting the contrast.