It’s never been easier to infuse smokin’ flavor into your Traeger cocktails. Smoking ice adds another depth of flavor that’s easily achieved and adds smoky wood-fired goodness to any cocktail or spirit. Stir, shake or pour with smoked ice and learn how to make some serious spirit-forward cocktails.
How to Smoke Ice for a Cocktail:
- Add water or fruit juice to a large and shallow baking sheet.
- Set temperature to smoke and preheat with the lid closed for 10-15 minutes.
- Smoke liquid for about an hour.
- Pour smoked liquid on ice cube trays and freeze
TIP: You can add fruit chunks such as pineapple or pomegranate seeds, or herbs like rosemary or basil. Learn about infusing your cocktail with smoked herbs & spices.
How to Make Smoked Juice/Herb Ice Cubes:
- Smoke fruit, herbs, or spices and add them to ice trays.
- Squeeze juice from fruit like grapefruit and add herbs to create ice from juice
Freeze cubes big or small, freeze juice, herbs or make plain smoked ice. No matter how you smoke it, your cocktails will thank you for it. Cheers.
Wanting to know more about this wood-fired cocktail buzz? Check out all of our delicious cocktail recipes and become the backyard bartender you were meant to be.