Blueberry Bread Pudding
- 3 cups blueberries, rinsed
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, plus more for dusting the top
- 2-1/2 cups milk or half and half
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 to 5 cups of stale bread, torn or sliced into 1-inch cubes
- Butter or cooking spray for the pan
- Powdered sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugar, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. In another large bowl, combine the bread and 2 cups of the blueberries. Pour the egg mixture over the bread-blueberry mixture and let sit for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, butter a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
2. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes).
3. Dump the bread-blueberry mixture into the prepared baking pan; top with the remaining cup of blueberries, pressing them gently into the pudding with the back of a spoon. Dust the top with sugar. Arrange the pan directly on the grill grate and smoke for 30 minutes. Increase the temperature to 350 degrees F, and bake until the pudding is set and golden brown on top, about 1 hour. Let cool slightly, then sift powdered sugar on top.
4. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.