- 1 3-pound pork loin roast
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12-oz. bottle of beer, preferably a German lager
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub
1. Place the pork, onion, and garlic in a large resealable plastic bag. In a mixing bowl, combine the beer, honey, mustard, caraway seeds, and thyme. Add to the pork and onion. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
2. Remove the pork from the marinade, reserving the marinade in a saucepan. Place the pork in a roasting pan and season with Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub. Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce by half.
3. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Place the roasting pan with the meat directly on the grill grate. Roast uncovered, fat-side up, for 1 hour. Pour the reduced marinade over the pork and continue to roast for 30 minutes to an hour, basting 2 or 3 times with the marinade, or until the internal temperature of the pork is 165 degrees F and the meat is nicely glazed. Let rest for 7 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving with the pan juices.