Crustless Quiche with Ham & Cheese
Perfect for brunch, lunch, or even a light supper. This easy quiche can be customized, too, with your choice of chopped cooked vegetables. Or, you can substitute cooked, crumbled sausage, chorizo, or diced bacon for the ham.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons panko or fine dry bread crumbs
- 9 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups creamed cottage cheese
- 12 ounces (3 cups) shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Swiss, or a combination)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup (about 6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions (scallions), trimmed, and white and green parts thinly sliced
- Roasted red and green peppers for garnish
Butter a well-seasoned 10-inch cast iron skillet or pie plate. Sprinkle the panko evenly over the buttered surfaces.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, flour, baking powder, and pepper. Stir in the onions. Tip into the prepared skillet.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the quiche is firm in the center and the top is golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve.