Here’s a great party dish! This dip combines all the iconic flavors of a Reuben sandwich, that improbable but popular assemblage of corned beef, Thousand Island dressing, Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut. Serve with rye crackers or pumpernickel cocktail breads.
- 1 16-ounce can sauerkraut, drained well
- 12 ounces corned beef, cooked at a previous grill session, chopped
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup rye bread crumbs (from 2 to 3 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauerkraut, corned beef, and 2 cups of the Swiss cheese. Combine the Thousand Island Dressing and mayonnaise and whisk together. Stir into the meat and cheese mixture. Tip into a buttered baking dish or casserole. Top with the remaining cheese. Combine the bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle on top of the dip. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes. Bake the Reuben Dip for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with crackers or cocktail breads.