- 24 large shrimp, shelled (leave tail on) and deveined
- 1/2 cup sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 scallion (green onion), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger sliced into coins
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon, cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
Wash and drain the shrimp.
Make the marinade: In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine the sake, soy sauce, lemon juice, scallion, ginger, garlic, oil and sugar. Add the shrimp and stir or massage the bag to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring or massaging the bag to redistribute the marinade.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 400 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Drain the shrimp (discard marinade) and pat dry. Thread 3 shrimp on each of 8 skewers. Arrange the shrimp skewers and lemon wedges on the grill grate and grill, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Serve the shrimp skewers with the grilled lemon wedges.
Note: If you wish, you can cut down the back of each shell with kitchen shears and devein the shrimp.