What is Meat Madness?
Bracketology + BBQ = Meat Madness.
Traeger’s Meat Madness is an annual competition, held during the same time as the NCAA March Madness, where competitors enter by posting a picture of their most epic food dish to compete in up to 7 rounds of voting. Meat Madness mirrors the bracketology set up for March Madness with up to ten brackets: each bracket begins with 64 contestants and follows single-elimination. After 64 contestants are cut to 32, we celebrate the Sweet Sixteen, Elite 8, Final Four, Semi-Finals, and finally have our championship match-up to determine who will claim the title of Meat Madness BBQ Champion.
HOW TO ENTER 2018 MEAT MADNESS:
#1 No rules, no limits. Anything goes. Cook your most EPIC meal.
#2 Snap a smokin’ photo of your dish.
#3 POST the photo of your epic food creation on Instagram and briefly describe it in the caption. Must be your own photo AND must post between 2/18 - 3/11.
#4 Briefly describe your photo in the caption.
Voting for this year’s Meat Madness tournament will be conducted by an internal judging panel at Traeger. Votes will be based on the quality of the photo and caption, so make sure your photo is epic, and if there’s a story or special recipe that goes along with your cook, we want to hear it. Additional consideration will also be given to entrants that show the most enthusiasm for the tournament. That could mean everything from posting about Meat Madness throughout the month, encouraging your friends to join in, and getting creative about how you’re celebrating Meat Madness 2018.
Winners will be rewarded with Traeger prizes, outlined below, and are entitled to bragging rights for their Meat Madness success.
- Each contestant will receive a custom 2018 Meat Madness hopper magnet.
- Contestants who move on to the 2nd round of their bracket will receive the Black BBQ Mitt.
- Contestants who move on to the Sweet 16 of their bracket will receive a Traeger Apron.
- Final 4 contestants in each bracket will receive 10 bags of Hardwood.
- Contestants who compete in each bracket championship will receive an Outdoor Fire Pit.
- Winners of the individual bracket championships will win a $1000 gift card.
- The ultimate Traeger BBQ Champion, winner of all brackets will win a a Timberline 1300 and a personal Shop Class.
IMPORTANT MEAT MADNESS 2018 DATES
2/18: ENTRIES OPEN
3/11: ENTRIES CLOSE
3/15: ROUND OF 64 BEGINS
3/16: ROUND OF 32 BEGINS
3/18: SWEET 16 BEGINS
3/23: ELITE 8 BEGINS
3/25: FINAL 4 BEGINS
3/28: INDIVIDUAL BRACKET GAME BEGINS
3/31:12 BRACKET WINNERS GO HEAD-TO-HEAD
4/2: CHAMPION ANNOUNCED
Don’t miss out on the madness. Stay up to date on the match-ups, who’s winning, and all the action on our Meat Madness brackets.
For recipe inspiration and new recipes every day. Visit our recipe library.
See our Terms & Conditions for full contest rules and details.